Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), formally recognises a person’s existing skills and knowledge towards the achievement of a nationally recognised qualification or statement of attainment.
Skills may have been gained through:
• Work experience
• Formal training and education (you may be eligible for a credit transfer)
• Informal training and education
• General life experience
• Voluntary work
Each qualification is made up of units of study. To gain RPL, you will need to demonstrate that you have the required skills and knowledge to meet the competencies of the unit.
RPL uses a straightforward yet robust assessment process meaning:
• Your existing skills and knowledge can be counted toward your qualification
• You only need to do units/modules which are new and challenging
• Your course costs may be reduced
• You can use your time more effectively
• You may finish your course sooner
You can enquire about skills recognition prior to enrolment or at any time during your studies via your teacher or the Customer Service Centre on 5225 0800.
A detailed overview of the RPL process is available here.
If you are applying the necessary skills and knowledge in your current (or recent) job, then don’t underestimate your skills – consider getting them recognised!
ABN: 27 241 053 246. | Authorised by the Victorian Government, Melbourne. TOID: 3044. Interface designed for screen resolution minimum 1024 X 768 pixels.