Decorative pattern graphic

Before you apply - here’s what you’ll need:

  • Email address (It’s our primary way of communicating with you!)

  • Unique Student Identifier {USI} (We’ll explain below, but you’ll need ID documents to get one!)

  • GreenID (We’ll explain below, but you’ll need ID documents to get one!)

  • Year 12 certificate, if applying for Diploma or Advanced Diploma course. It needs to be your official certificate as issued by the Curriculum Board (not your school!) Don’t worry if you don’t have one – there is an alternative option!

Government funding

We’re going to ask you LOTS of questions in your application! But it’s so we can offer you the maximum level of Government funding you’re entitled to for your chosen course. That means the government pay a portion, you pay a portion. If we don’t have all the answers, we can’t assess if you’re eligible for funding. It can cost a LOT more to self-fund! If you also have a government issued Concession card (Health Care, Pension etc) which will be valid by the time you enrol, you may be eligible for further discounts, but we need to have a copy. Let us know in your application, and we’ll send you a link to photograph or upload the card.

Student id

If you’ve been a student (or even APPLIED) at The Gordon before (even if it was AGES ago) you may already have a student ID. If you’re not sure, or have forgotten click here to retrieve your student ID.


Introduced in 2015, the USI is a mandatory government requirement for all students studying accredited training and must be provided as part of your application. We can’t enrol you without it!

It provides you with a secure online record of all your nationally recognised training throughout your life. If you don’t already have one, create your USI here


To determine if you’re eligible for Government funding for your course, we need to verify your citizenship and identification. To save you presenting this in person and holding up your application, you can use our online verification service, if you have one these document combinations:

  • Australian Drivers’ License & Green Medicare Card
  • Australian Birth Certificate
  • Australian Passport

Click here to create your GREENID
If you don’t have one of the above document combinations to obtain GreenID, you will need to come in and show us the original of one of these instead:

  • New Zealand passport
  • Naturalisation certificate
  • Formal Department of Immigration and Citizenship certificate
  • Document confirming permanent residency
  • Humanitarian visa

What now?

Once we’ve got all your information, you’ll receive log on details for our student management system (eCentral), where you can monitor all your applications, enrolments and communications. We’ll be in contact by email or text to let you know the next step. Call us 1300 954 371 or email us on if you have any questions! 


Our training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. | Authorised by the Victorian Government, Melbourne.

ABN: 27 241 053 246. | TOID: 3044 | CRICOS Provider No. 00011G | © Gordon Institute of TAFE 2014

The Gordon acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we work, study and do business.
The Gordon is an inclusive workplace and welcomes people of any age, sex, culture, religion, gender, sexuality and ability.