Keeping up with COVID

Image representing frequently asked questions about COVID-19

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Staff, students and visitors must now be fully vaccinated to attend campus.


How do I show that I am vaccinated or have a medical exemption status?
If you are a current student (excluding those listed in the exceptions list below), you need to upload evidence of your COVID vaccination certificate or medical exemption using the link above. You will need your Gordon username and password to login.

If you have already provided evidence of your vaccination status via Gordon Online for the purposes of a clinical/work placement, you do not need to take further action.

For instructions on how to obtain your COVID vaccination certificate before completing the online form, refer to the Australian Government website

You must now be fully vaccinated to attend campus.
In line with Victorian Government requirements, students*, staff and visitors must now be fully vaccinated or have an eligible exemption certificate to attend a Gordon campus or the Student Residence (East Campus). You will not be permitted to enter campus grounds unless you can show evidence of this.

*Exceptions - This requirement applies to all students including apprentices, trainees, domestic and international students with the exception of:

  • Secondary school students attending a Gordon campus, including VETDSS students, VCAL, VCE, Geelong Tertiary Futures Program, Mumgu-dhal tyama-tiyt and school-based apprentices and trainees (SBATs).
  • Secondary school students attending the Geelong Tech School.

How do I get a medical exemption and what evidence do I need?
Any applications for exemptions must be submitted via myGov. The Gordon will only accept the Australian Government approved exemption.

What happens if I refuse to provide evidence of my vaccination status?
After 26 November 2021, if you have chosen not to provide The Gordon with evidence that you are fully vaccinated or hold an eligible medical exemption, you will no longer be able to complete your course if it requires you to attend campus. (Note: most courses do require students to complete on-campus practical assessments and/or work placement.)

We want to do everything we reasonably can to help you complete your course, so it’s critical that you contact the manager for your course to explore opportunities to continue with your studies.

If one of the following criteria apply to you, you do NOT need to provide evidence of vaccination status unless you attend a Gordon campus for any reason:

  • You currently reside outside Victoria.
  • You are currently undertaking a 100% online course.

What happens if I intend to be fully vaccinated but I'm not yet?
If you cannot provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated after 26 November, you:  

  • Are not allowed to attend any Gordon campus. 
  • Will not be able to participate in any on-campus practical assessments. 
  • If your classes and assessments are currently scheduled as online, you can continue learning online and then complete practical assessments on campus ASAP after you are fully vaccinated. 

If you have any questions about your individual study plan, please contact the manager for your course.

Why are these requirements necessary to come to The Gordon?
Double vaccination is required for all staff and students attending campus as per the Victorian Government’s announced changes to Victoria’s Roadmap (Delivering the National Plan).

Note that Victorian Government directives are subject to change. The Gordon will continue to monitor and update you on any future changes to vaccination requirements.

How will The Gordon store my personal medical data?
We will delete your COVID vaccination certificate or medical exemption documentation once our authorised staff have validated your evidence and have updated your record in the Student Management System. The Student Management System will show that you have provided the required documentation, but the files will not be kept.

What do I need to do if I come to campus?

Check in using the QR codes using the Service Victoria App and be prepared to show evidence of your vaccination certificate upon request. Face masks are no longer required to be worn at The Gordon. Some exceptions may apply.

Do not attend campus:

  • If you are feeling sick for any reason it is essential you get tested promptly at a COVID-19 testing site and follow the instructions of the testing staff.
  • If you have visited an exposure site, follow the directions provided by DHHS
  • If you have been in close contact with anyone who has, or is suspected of having COVID-19
  • If you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test

Who can I contact at The Gordon if I have questions?
If you are currently enrolled in a course, have not met or refuse to meet vaccination requirements and are concerned about not completing your course, please contact the manager for your course.

For other enquiries, please contact Customer Service on 1300 954 371 or

How can I lodge a formal complaint? 
We understand that the Victorian Government’s directions have the potential to impact people in differing ways. The purpose of these directions is to limit the spread of COVID-19 within workforces and TAFEs across Victoria.

The Victorian Government has stated that these directions are reasonably necessary to protect public health; that they give proper consideration to human rights under the Charter for Human Rights and Responsibilities 2006 (Vic); and that they are compatible with human rights under the Charter.

You can lodge your feedback HERE.



The Gordon was contacted on Tuesday 31 August by the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) to advise that a Gordon student had tested positive to Covid-19. The student was last at our East Geelong Campus on Thursday 26 August from 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.  Barwon Health collated a list of FAQs that specifically relate to The Gordon exposure site. You can find them here. 


Where can I find reliable information about COVID-19?

You can find reliable and up to date information at the following government websites:

International Students

Who can I contact if I have questions the DHHS website doesn’t answer?

We’re here to help you. Please call Customer Service on 1300 790 120. Alternatively, you can email Customer Service directly on

Exposure sites 

We recommend that you monitor the list of exposure sites in Victoria. If you have visited any of these sites, you will need to get tested and quarantine in line with the current DHHS health advice. Further information can be found on the DHHS website: Case locations and outbreaks.

Where can I access food assistance during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Feed Geelong has collated a list of local support available. Read more.


Our training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. | Authorised by the Victorian Government, Melbourne.

ABN: 27 241 053 246. | TOID: 3044 | CRICOS Provider No. 00011G | © Gordon Institute of TAFE 2014

The Gordon acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as the traditional custodians of the land on which we work, study and do business.
The Gordon is an inclusive workplace and welcomes people of any age, culture, religion, gender, sexuality and ability.