skip to content

Overseas student health cover

As an international student you are required to maintain OSHC for the duration of time you are in Australia. 

OSHC helps you meet the costs of medical and hospital care that you might need while in Australia. It includes cover for visits to the doctor, some hospital treatment, ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals (medicines). OSHC insurers can provide a range of different OSHC products. These may range from a basic product which covers only the compulsory minimum services to comprehensive products which cover, in addition to the compulsory minimum services, extra services as specified under the particular policy.

Learn more about OSHC, including a list of the providers at

Find out what to do if you get sick here, as well as other health and safety advice for international students. 


Allianz Care Australia OSHC

Allianz Care Australia is The Gordon’s preferred OSHC Insurer if you choose to arrange our OSHC through The Gordon.

Allianz Care Australia OSHC provides cover for the costs of:

  • Out of hospital medical treatment
  • In hospital medical treatment
  • Prescription medicines
  • Surgically implanted prostheses
  • Emergency ambulance transport

In addition to the government-mandated health cover required for student visa purposes, we provide increased access to gap free medical services to support students as they study in Australia. These services include:

  • 24/7 Australian based telehealth services powered by Doctors on Demand
  • access to our network of direct billing providers available via Find a doctor
  • 24/7 confidential support for safety, medical and mental health needs via chat, on the phone or in-person powered by Sonder.

 This is a summary of information and benefits. For the full exclusions, limitations, waiting periods, terms and conditions please read the Policy Document which is available at

If you are with other OSHC insurer and have questions understanding your policy or services, please contact the International Office.


Our training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. | Authorised by the Victorian Government, Melbourne.

ABN: 27 241 053 246. | TOID: 3044 | CRICOS Provider No. 00011G | © Gordon Institute of TAFE 2014